This smoky Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocado with Jalapeno Ranch recipe is perfect for your next taco night or Taco Tuesday. Made with tempeh as the meat substitute, this recipe is vegan-friendly, hearty, and perfect for any fiesta.
Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocado with Jalapeno Ranch [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocado with Jalapeno Ranch [Vegan]
For The Smoky Tempeh Meat:
- 6 ounces of Smoky Tempeh Strips
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin spice
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
For the Jalapeno Ranch:
- 1/2 cup vegan thick yogurt
- 1/4 vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 3 tablespoon Pickled jalapenos juice
- 2–3 Large Avocados, halve and pitted
- Chopped fresh cilantro and herbs
- Chopped fresh tomatoes
- Vegan crema (optional)
- Vegan queso Fresco (optional)
- Jalapeno Ranch
How to Prepare Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocado with Jalapeno Ranch [Vegan]
- First, prepare the Jalapeno Ranch by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir till combined. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- To a food processor, add the Smoky Tempeh and blend till a ground meat-like consistency develops.
- Grab a large cast-iron skillet and heat on medium-high heat. To the skillet, add some olive oil. Transfer the ground Smoky Tempeh to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Once cooked, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- While the Tempeh cooks, to the same food processor as before, blend the onion and garlic till you achieve a fine chop. This shouldn’t take long, try not to over-process. Add the onion and garlic to the previously used skillet and cook down the onions until translucent. To the skillet, add all the spices and tomato paste. Stir till everything is coated. Add the tempeh back to the skillet and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until everything is well coated/combined.
- To prepare the final dish, begin by taking the halved of pitted avocados and removing just a little bit of the inside to create a well for the Taco “Meat”.
- Stuff each generously with the “Meat” and top with your desired toppings and a generous amount of Jalapeno Ranch!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.