This makes a wonderful breakfast! Try it on your next morning!
Vegan Steak and Eggs [Vegan]
For the Steak:
- 8 oz Maitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon recao
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon no salt adobo
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
For the Vegan Steak:
- Cut the ends off the maitake mushrooms and slice lengthwise into strips.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add two tablespoons of the vegetable broth to the pan.
- Add the recao and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, adobo and vegan Worcestershire sauce and stir together.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Set aside.
For the Vegan Eggs:
- Drain the liquid from the tofu block with a tofu press or place the tofu on a plate lined with several sheets of paper towels. Place some more paper towels on top of the tofu then put a weighted object on top to squeeze the liquid out and let sit for 1 hour.
- Crumble tofu with a fork, potato masher or in a food processor. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth in a medium pan over medium high heat.
- Add the crumbled tofu and all of the spices and mix well to combine evenly.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve eggs with either the mushrooms mixed in or on the side.