It’s totally possible to get a vegan powdered hot chocolate mix from the store, but they are full of artificial ingredients, and if we’re being quite honest, they really don’t taste all that great. This vegan hot chocolate is thick, delicious, and only uses 5 simple ingredients!
Vegan Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Sticks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup of vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract)
- Coconut Whipped Topping (optional)
- Candy Cane (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (almond milk, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and vanilla or peppermint extract) in a small saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat. Allow a minute to warm. Whisk until chocolate chips melt and combine completely with the almond milk. Heat to desired temperature.
- Pour hot chocolate into two small mugs. Top with whipped coconut cream, and candy cane shavings. Use a candy can to stir your hot chocolate and make this an extra special holiday treat!
Use good quality vegan chocolate chips. This will create a rich, thick and creamy texture. Use plain unsweetened almond milk. This way you’ll have control over the flavor.