Some days just call for fresh baked biscuits. And topping with some warm (vegan) sausage gravy makes this an even better treat. Perfect for a special family brunch when everyone is finally together around the table, or a quiet morning at home with extra time to yourself. No matter what occasion you choose, I bet you’ll impress a few people (and yourself) with these homemade Biscuits and Gravy on your table.
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Biscuits and Sausage Gravy [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 vegan breakfast sausage links
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
How To Make Biscuits and Sausage Gravy [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl, set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour through pie spice and whisk together thoroughly. Add extra virgin olive oil and mix until just combined. Add milk mixture and mix together until combined and dough has been formed.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and roll out to make a rectangle about 11 x 6 (you may need to roll out several times to get the shape and size you need). Fold in half and cut biscuits using a small circle (I use a small tupperware bowl). Place biscuits on a cookie sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray, at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slice tofurkey breakfast sausages. Sauté sausages over medium heat in medium pan coated in cooking spray. Once browned, set aside.
- Add flour to pan and slowly add almond milk, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until sauce thickens, adding liquid smoke when almost finished. Add sliced sausage back to the pan and continue to cook until thoroughly heated.
- Pull or cut 4 biscuits in half and place face-up on plate. Pour gravy evenly over biscuits and serve!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Never cared for gravy of any kind!
What time should I be there? Yummers!