These pancakes are thick, fluffy, and naturally sweet. They are great with syrup, sunflower seed butter, or just by themselves. Try freezing the extras for pancakes on-the-run! The best part about this recipe? It's made with whole, healthy ingredients and is refined sugar-free, which is how your breakfast should always be!
Bananaberry Pancakes [Vegan]
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Mash bananas with a fork. Mix mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl with coconut oil, brown rice syrup, vanilla and water. In a
- separate bowl, mix together baking powder, flour, salt and flax. Combine dry ingredients with wet and whisk together. Mix in applesauce, being sure not to kill all the poofiness the applesauce adds by over mixing. Finally, fold in the
- Scoop 1/4 up amounts of batter onto a hot, greased griddle. Cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes each.
- Spatula onto a plate and serve immediately with maple syrup...or my favorite, a little sunflower seed butter!