This recipe will remind you of melted vanilla ice cream, but without the dairy. When made with less water this delicious recipe is a great base for non-dairy ice cream as well.
Vanilla Milkshake [Vegan]
- 3 cups almond or non–dairy milk of choice
- 1 whole vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/4 cup coconut meat or cashews soaked in 3 cups of warm water for 3 to 4 hours to soften, drained
- 3 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- Place the milk in a high-speed blender. Add the vanilla seeds, coconut meat, liquid sweetener and coconut butter and process until VERY smooth.
- Transfer to another container, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour or until well-chilled.
- Serve chilled or over ice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile