This vanilla matcha oatmeal is the perfect way to start your day. It's warm, tasty, hearty, and easy to make. What more could you need? This is a great recipe for sprucing up your oatmeal a bit. While everyone loves the classic peanut butter and fruit topping, why not get a little more creative sometimes? This matcha oatmeal is an energy-packed breakfast to fuel your mornings!
Vanilla Matcha Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups water / plant-based milk, or a mix of both
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons matcha powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Combine the oats and water/milk in a pot, then bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and let simmer on low heat for 6-7 minutes, until the oatmeal has thickened.
- Turn off the heat, then mix in all the remaining ingredients and a pinch of sea salt. Adjust the amount of matcha & lemon to taste.
- Serve warm!