This easy one-pan casserole tastes exactly like traditional French toast, but it’s 100 percent vegan and a lot less work! You can even prepare this the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. That's a win!
Vanilla Maple French Toast Bake [Vegan]
For the Casserole:
- 4 cups (140 g) cubed baguette
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (236 ml) almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup, plus more for serving
For the Crumble Topping:
- 1/3 cup (73 g) room-temperature coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (40 g) quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup (73 g) packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the casserole, in a large baking dish, mix together the baguette cubes, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and maple syrup. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the crumble topping, in a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, oats and brown sugar. Set the topping aside.
- After 15 minutes, remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the crumble topping over the top. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serve with extra maple syrup.