A dessert-like treat for breakfast? Yes please! Spice up your day cardamom spiced cream cheese over a stack of warm vanilla french toast.
Vanilla French Toast With Cardamom Spices Cream Cheese [Vegan]
For the Cardamom Spiced Cream Cheese:
- 1/2 cup vegan plain cream cheese - such as Daiya
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk - such has Lets Do...Organic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
For the French Toast:
- 1 loaf of your favorite bread cut into thick slices, the crustier the better (I used Pumpernickel)
- 3/4 cup coconut or other non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the cardamom spiced cream cheese. Put aside.
- In a shallow bowl large enough to fit a slice of bread, gently whisk together the milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Heat a pan on medium-low with a bit of coconut oil.
- Dip both sides of a bread slice into the milk mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Do not cook on high-heat as the sugars from the mixture may burn. Cook on a low to medium heat. Remove from heat when both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with the cardamom spiced cream cheese and your favorite toppings.