Looking for the perfect summery vegan dessert for parties? Rich blackberry cream cheese frosting is piled high on these dense vanilla vegan cupcakes. The pink color of the frosting comes naturally from the blackberries — no food coloring necessary. These cute little cupcakes are the perfect summer dessert and great for weddings! Blackberries are in season from June till August, which means they're a great addition to classic sweets when you're looking to freshen them up for summer!
Vanilla Cupcakes With Blackberry Cream Cheese Frosting [Vegan]
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup blackberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350° F and place cupcake liners in a cupcake tray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients (oil, soy milk, vanilla, and vinegar) in a large bowl, add the dry mixture and stir to combine (be careful not to over mix). If you want you can even add some blackberries to the muffin mixture.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely. In the meantime, prepare the frosting.
- Mash blackberries and press through a sieve so you get 1 tablespoon of juice.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer. Add cream cheese and continue mixing. Add the juice and mix to a smooth mixture. Add more icing sugar if the mixture is too runny. Decorate on top of cupcakes.