This delicious and colorful vegan cheesecake is a showstopper! You can make any pattern you like, but the neon-hued frostings look so lovely when they're painted into a gorgeously hypnotic mandala pattern. And the best part is that no creepy artificial dyes were used to achieve this technicolor dessert dream!
Colorful Two Layer Cheesecake (No Artificial Dyes!) [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 8 Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries (violet layer) plus 1/4 cup (white layer)
- Red: 3 tablespoons agave plus 1 handful strawberries
- Green: 2 tablespoons filling mixture plus 1 teaspoon chlorella
- Pink: 2 tablespoons filling mixture plus 1 handful raspberries
- Yellow: 1 tablespoon filling mixture plus 1/2 mango + 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Place the walnuts and the buckwheat flour in the food processor and pulse into a flour.
- Add the dates, vanilla and salt and process until mixture begins to stick together.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a 9-inch pan to make the crust.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a blender, except the coconut oil and blueberries.
- Melt the coconut oil and add into the mixture until well combined.
- Divide the mixture in two parts and place one of them in a bowl and the other in a blender jar. Take 1/3 cup of the mixture in the blender and save it for the toppings.
- Add 1/4 of blueberries to the mixture in the bowl and mix gently to incorporate. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of blueberries to the mixture in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the crust and place in the freezer for at least two hours.
- When the filling is hard, take the cake out of the freezer and pour the white filling with the whole blueberries on top of the frozen layer. Place back in the freezer and freeze for three more hours.
- Prepare the four color toppings to draw a mandala when the cheesecake is hardened. Blend the ingredients for each color separately until smooth and set aside.
- Place each topping mixture into a dipping container and be creative!!