These turmeric-infused zucchini fritters are a delicious way of cooking the vegetable that you are bound to love. Packed with warming spices, they're the perfect way to transition this summer squash into fall.
Turmeric Zucchini Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch curry (optional)
- Hot pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs plus more for the coating (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt, as needed
- Wash and dry all the vegetables.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Grate the zucchini with a large hollow grater. Mix all the vegetables, add the parsley, and adjust salt if necessary.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan and stir in the vegetables. Add salt, turmeric, curry powder, chili pepper, and parsley. Stir and cook for one minute. Turn it off and take it out of the heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs, stir well, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Pour plenty of breadcrumbs on a plate. With your hands, form balls, flatten, and coat them in the grated bread.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. When it is warm, place the fritters close to each other. Let it brown until the outside is crunchy crispy.
- Turn the fritters gently and slowly brown on the other side (it will take about 5 minutes in all).
- Remove them from heat, dry with a paper towel, and serve warm or cold.