Like all breads, the store bought options typically contain many shelf stabilizers and unnecessary ingredients and this recipe is just so hassle free. Skip the market, the endless ingredient lists, and whip up your own flatbread!!
Turmeric Flatbread [Vegan]
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Combine 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. Stir in 1/3 cup water and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Knead until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Cover and set aside 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces; flatten each into a 6-inch round.
- Cook one at a time in an oiled skillet over medium-high heat, flipping, until browned, 2 minutes.