Turmeric cauliflower rice is a simple twist to the Cauliflower rice with aromatic fragrance from the turmeric powder and cumin powder. Easy to make and so delicious!
Turmeric Cauliflower Rice [Vegan]
For the Rice:
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Garnish:
- 2 sprigs of coriander (cilantro) including stems, roughly cut into 1 to 2 cm lengthwise
- 2 spring onions (scallions) thinly sliced lengthwise
To Prep the Cauliflower:
- Wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower. Remove any green leaves.
For Processing the Cauliflower Using a Food Processor:
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cut the core into small pieces.
- Place all the cut cauliflower pieces into a food processor and pulse for around 20 seconds until the texture resembles rice.
For Cooking the Cauliflower Rice:
- Heat up a wok or frying pan with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Transfer all the cauliflower rice and salt into the wok or frying pan and briefly stir-fry for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add in the turmeric powder and cumin powder plus half of the spring onions (scallions) and stir-fry for another 2 to 4 minutes on medium heat. Stirring frequently.
- Garnish with some coriander (cilantro) and spring onions (scallions) and serve as a side dish or as a substitute for rice.