Most vegan tuna salads are made from chickpeas, but this unique take uses a combination of chopped almonds and celery. It's crunchy, refreshing, and tastes surprisingly like tuna salad, thanks to a combination of herbs, spices, and umami notes. The best way to enjoy this is on toasted bread, but it would also taste fantastic on crackers.
‘Tuna’ Salad on Toast [Vegan]
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 scallions 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices bread of your choice, toasted
- In a bowl combine all the vegetables, almonds, and zest.
- In another bowl, stir lemon juice with mustard and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour this sauce over the vegetables and mix well, then serve.
Will keep well in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a few days.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile