Don’t be intimidated by leftovers. They can become your greatest inspiration! Many of my recipes, I actually develop somewhat accidentally. These Tomato Rice Patties are no exception. Some extra brown rice was just lying around in my fridge so I added a couple other things and these Rice Patties kind of…happened.
Tomato Rice Patties [Vegan]
- about 2.5 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons oil from the tomatoes (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- ⅔ cup soft smoked or regular soft tofu (silken would probably also work)
- salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except for the tofu in a big bowl.
- Put two thirds of the rice mixture in a food processor, add the tofu and process until smooth.
- Add the smooth mixture to the bowl, combine, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Shape into patties, put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake until firm and golden at the edges (about 20 minutes but it depends on the size of the patties).
- Makes about 8 burger-patty-sized patties.