This hearty Tomato, Carrot, Brussels Sprouts Soup is not only loaded with veggies and flavor it's loaded with nutrient dense, hearty healthy goodness! This soup is warm, creamy, and savory with a little bit of sweetness and spice. Lots of veggies, beans, and nut butter make this a delicious and comforting soup you will want to have all winter.
Tomato, Carrot, Brussels Sprouts Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 large beet ,peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, cut in half or fourths
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup raw green lentils
- 1/2 cup raw red lentils
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups carrot juice or vegetable stock
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons almond or peanut butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the onions and garlic in a little vegetable stock or water until wilted. Add the spices and stir.
Add the rest of the chopped vegetables and sautee a few more minutes.
Add the carrot juice, water, tomato sauce, beans, spices and nut butter.
Simmer soup, covered for 30-45 minutes until the vegetables are crisp tender and the lentils are soft.