Sometimes breakfast needs to be a little bit fancy, and this tomato tart is the perfect way to create a breakfast to remember! The tart is both lovely to look at and tasty, so it's one that will impress your friends and family. Even though it looks like it took forever to make, it's actually quite simple and quick to make!
Tomato Breakfast Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax + 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
For the Filling:
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 6 oz Silken Tofu, Firm
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ½ cup Vegan Cheese Shreds
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Core and slice the tomatoes, then cut the slices in half. Set aside on two layers of paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and set aside.
- Mix the crust ingredients together in a small bowl until it sticks together. Press into three individual tart pans or into one larger tart pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- While the crust is baking, mix the tofu and spices together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Line the crust with slices of tomato, top with a thin layer of cheese, and repeat (2 layers of each). If you have a deeper tart pan, you can do three layers. Note: the filling will likely be taller than the tart pan, which is OK.
- Top the entire tart with a thick layer of the tofu mixture. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool for at least 5-10 minutes, remove from tart pan, and serve.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile