When it comes to using a barbecue, there is nothing better than a delicious and simple collection of vegetables skewered on a kabob. With a variety of sweet and savory vegetables, along with marinated tofu, this recipe is sure to be a summer crowd-pleaser! It comes with a side salad packed with healthy greens and grilled mango, along with a bed of rice.
Tofu Kebabs With Grilled Mango Sorrel Salad [Vegan]
For the Kabobs:
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- 3 golden beets
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 14-ounce block of firm tofu
For the Tofu Marinade:
- Soy sauce, to cover tofu
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha, depending on preference of spice
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
For the Tahini Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- A squirt of Sriracha
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic
For the Salad/Dressing:
- 1/2 bunch of sorrel
- 1/2 a bunch of mixed salad greens
- 2 mangoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt
- 20 grinds of pepper
For the Rice:
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Put on rice and cook according to package instructions. Set aside once done.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes and place into a plastic bag with marinade sauce.
- Chop vegetables into round bite-size pieces and brush with olive oil.
- Grill the sweet potato, golden beets, zucchini, and tofu.
- After taking tofu off the grill, place it back in the bag with the marinade, so it will absorb more flavor.
- Assemble the vegetables, including the uncooked onions and bell peppers, and tofu on skewers.
- Place the skewers on a baking sheet on one side of the grill or on top rack, while grilling mangoes.
- Mix together ingredients for the dipping sauce.
- Wash salad greens and combine with dressing and mangoes.