This stir-fry is loaded with tofu and fresh veggie, and then topped with Sriracha sauce. Yum!
Tofu Fried Rice [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 8-ounce package tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced thin
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Sriracha, for topping
- Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil to a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Crumble in tofu, and then add the turmeric and salt, mixing until the tofu is coated. Saute for 10 minutes over medium-low heat, adding splashes of water if needed to prevent sticking. Once tofu has cooked for 10 minutes, remove the skillet from heat and add tofu to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of sesame oil to same skillet over medium heat. Add in ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add in broccoli and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in carrots, zucchini and scallions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and tamari to the vegetable mixture and stir until well combined. Return tofu to the pan and cook over Medium hit, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Serve warm, topped with cilantro and sriracha.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile