This recipe for crème fraîche can be made in 15-minuts flat. Crème fraîche is a wonderfully versatile addition almost any dish and this vegan version is super healthy so you can go crazy with it.
Tofu Crème Fraîche [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 a 12-ounce block silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Take half of the contents of silken tofu out and refrigerate the remaining half.
- Place a paper towel on a plate and put the tofu on top.
- Cover this with another paper towel and lightly weigh it down.
- After 5 minutes, take the pressed tofu and place it in a food processor.
- Add 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast to the processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Add a 1/4 cup of almond milk and blend the contents on low speed until the mixture has a creamy consistency. If it seems too dense, add 2 teaspoons of almond milk.
This will keep for up to 2 weeks when refrigerated.