What a great way to start off your day and protein-filled too!
Tofu Bacon [Vegan]
- 2/5 cup firm tofu – sliced (bacon shapes if you wish), about 0.2cm thickness
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Schwartz ‘Season-All’ Paprika and Pepper or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon. garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- + extra virgin olive oil – for frying
- Microwave the tofu on a plate on high for 5 minutes, turn over half way through – make sure none of the tofu is touching; otherwise it will stick together
- Put half of the liquid smoke, Season-All/paprika, garlic powder into a jug and mix
- When the tofu has finished microwaving, pour the marinade on top evenly, then just make sure the tofu is coated (turn it over if you need to, too) and leave for a couple of minutes
- Then heat a bit of oil in a non-stick frying pan (medium-high heat), add in the tofu and fry for a couple of minutes
- Pour in the rest of the liquid smoke (it’ll steam a bit, so be careful), fry for a further minute then turn the tofu over and fry for a couple more minutes until crispy
- Serve as desired and enjoy!