This walnut hummus is a tasty little snack that can be whipped up in absolutely no time (about 15 minutes, tops!). It’s so simple, yet so good, and is even packed with lots of nutrition – full of protein and healthy fats, it will help stave off hunger in the most deliciously healthy way. Serve this with pita chips, veggies, and a garnish of chopped walnuts, parsley, some black sesame seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Toasted Walnut Hummus [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked chickpea
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, plus more for garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Assorted raw vegetables, for serving
- Preheat a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the walnuts and toast until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool. Roughly chop, reserving a little bit for garnish.
- Add the chickpeas, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, walnut oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed before processing again.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with remaining walnuts, parsley, black sesame seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve immediately with raw vegetables, or refrigerate for later use.