Crunchy, toasty, and oh-so-packed with protein, this perfectly spiced bowl of quinoa makes a great topper for coconut yogurt, fruit smoothies, or pair it with non-dairy milk and eat it as a cereal!
Toasted Quinoa Cereal With Pistachios and Figs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 3-4 dried figs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or brown rice syrup (optional)
- 3/4 cup vegan yogurt
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, pistachios, figs, coconut oil, cinnamon, and maple syrup or brown rice syrup, stirring to coat evenly. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons salt, and then transfer to a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes, stir, and then return to the oven for 5 minutes more. The quinoa should be lightly toasted and a little golden in color. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Portion vegan yogurt into a bowl and top wit the quinoa cereal.