Naturally sweetened and packed full of flaked coconut and chocolate, these vegan muffins are a delicious breakfast treat.
Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chunk Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 large banana
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (room temp so it doesn't chill the coconut oil)
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chunks (or chips)
- 3/4 to 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 8-10 wells of a muffin pan with paper or silicone liners.
- Place banana and oil in a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl. Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave to soften banana and melt coconut oil a little. Mash together with a fork.
- Add coconut sugar, milk, vanilla, baking powder, flour and salt and mix with fork until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and most of coconut (save some for topping).
- Spoon mixture into liners, filling each one about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes. Cool on wire rack and top with flaked coconut.