This Toasted Coconut Caramel Frappe contains no dairy, refined sugar or artificial ingredients. Loaded with a homemade vegan caramel sauce and sprinkled with freshly toasted coconut, this frappe is sure to be a summer favorite!
Toasted Caramel Frappe [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
For the caramel sauce:
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frappe:
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, if needed
- 1-2 handfuls of ice
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- coconut whipped cream
- shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- To make the caramel sauce, whisk the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil then immediately lower the temperature.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce has turned dark and has thickened to coat the back of a spoon, remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before putting into a jar and storing in the fridge.
- To make the frappe, add the coffee, coconut milk, maple syrup [if using], 1 tablespoons of caramel and ice to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour frappe into two glasses and serve with whipped cream, caramel sauce and toasted coconut.
Length of time for the recipe varies depending on if you need to make the caramel sauce or not.