If you like meals that only dirty one pot in the making, keep your belly warm and full and is freezer friendly, then it's clear that you hit the jackpot on this one pot vegan meal. Say no to the chill in the air and yes to chili!
Three Bean Chili [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons oil (to saute veg)
- 1 red onion (chopped finely)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped finely)
- 1 red pepper (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 16 ounce can of kidney beans
- 16 ounce can of black beans
- 16 ounce can of chickpeas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
Finely chop the onion, garlic, celery and red pepper. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the pot. Add the onion and garlic to the pot. Stir occasionally. Once browned, add the celery, red pepper and the red wine. After a few minutes, add the spices (chilli powder, paprika, red chilli flakes and cumin).
Next, stir in the tomato paste, followed by the crushed tomatoes and the broth.
Bring to a light boil, then add your rinsed beans. Stir to fully combine the beans with the tomato mixture.
Turn down to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes (until the beans are soft). Remember to stir occasionally here, so the bottom doesn't burn. Add in the maple syrup and an option is to add in coconut milk to thicken and make the chili creamier.
Top with avocado, kale and vegan parm!