This sweet, moist, and simple lemon cake can be done in 30 minutes flat! Fresh fruit pairs perfectly with lemon-flavored icing, so feel free to add fruit like strawberries, kiwis, or blueberries to the top. Not only does it add an extra flavor and nice texture, but it makes the cake look gorgeous.
30-Minute Lemon Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
For the Icing:
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and oil a circular cake pan.
- Whisk the milk, oil, vanilla, lemon juice, and sugar until well blended.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet to the dry, mix until smooth, and pour into cake pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- For the icing, mix all ingredients together with a hand or stand mixer.
- Let the cake cool completely before icing.