This recipe is both animal and allergen friendly! This recipe is truly for the best buttercream frosting. This recipes makes enough frosting to make layers in your cake, so feel free to enjoy!
The Best Vegan Buttercream Recipe [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 Cups vegan butter (3 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups High-Ratio Solid Vegetable Shortening
- 6 cups vegan confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Butter Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the vegan butter and shortening in a stand mixer bowl with the paddle attachment
- Whip on medium to high speed for about 3 minutes.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure it is evenly mixed and add the salt and flavors. .
- Stop mixer and add the sifted confectioners sugar all at once.
- Mix on low speed until incorporated , scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and then mix on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Scrape the bowl again and then while mixing on low speed slowly drizzle in the almond milk
- Increase speed to high and whip for another 2 minutes
This recipe will store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days Refrigerate for longer storage up to 4 weeks Freeze for 6 months For the chocolate variation add 6 ounces (1 cup) Melted baking chocolate at the last stage of mixing