If you love fresh modern vegan eats or all things Thai, you’re going to love these new vegan oven baked Thai Cauliflower Wings! There are so many perks to this recipe - quick and easy batter, crisp on the outside, they don’t get soggy, the sauce features staple ingredients, notes of sweet, notes of heat, it’s perf for any season, great for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, can easily be made gluten-free, have aesthetic appeal with the toppings, and are such an affordable dish!
Thai Peanut Cauliflower Wings [Vegan]
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup flour - white, gf, whole wheat
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Panko (can use GF)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 orange (juice)
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Water as needed
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced scallions
- Chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Set 2 bowls out. In one bowl. Mix the flour, almond milk salt, pepper together in a bowl.
- Take Panko and process into a finer dust or place in a bag and crush (optional)
- Add the Panko to the second bowl.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter, letting the excess drip off, then dip into the Panko coating the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower wings on the baking sheet.Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until creamy.
- Toss the cauliflower and sauce together in a bowl adding water or juice to modify the consistency.
- Top with sliced scallions, chopped peanuts, and sesame seeds