This is my favorite curry of all time, evoking fond memories every time I taste it. From Thai 'Gaeng Kiew Wan' translates to 'Curry Green Sweet'. This Vegan Thai Green Curry is my rendition of the world famous curry.
Thai Green Curry [Vegan]
- 1.6 teaspoons (20 ml) Coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons (20 g) Green curry paste to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) Coconut milk
- 1 each Red chili - sweet
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Palm sugar
- 4 each Kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Eggplant diced
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Chickpeas cooked
- 1/3 bunch Holy basil
- 1 teaspoon Pink salt, to taste
- Assemble and measure all ingredients.
- Chop eggplant into medium-sized pieces.
- Break kaffir lime leaf in half and pick fresh basil leaves.
- Slice red chili into rounds.
- Warm oil in pan and gently sauté the green curry paste until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, palm sugar and stir slowly to mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggplant, cooked chickpeas, chili, kaffir lime leaf and soy sauce to the curry.
- Warm through for 6-8 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Adjust flavor with pink salt, soy sauce, add the Thai holy basil and infuse for another 2 minutes.
- Serve in a warm bowl with steamed rice or noodles.
- Garnish with sliced red chili and Thai basil leaf.