Spiralized zucchini, slivered almonds, and fresh herbs are tossed together with a sweet and spicy Thai-inspired dressing. This fresh salad also gets a boost of protein from chickpeas!
Thai Chickpea Zucchini Noodle Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 medium zucchini,
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 5 large mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 5 basil leaves, thinly sliced
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon vegan fish sauce, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
To Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, fish sauce, agave nectar, and chili garlic sauce.
To Make the Salad:
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and yellow squash, and cut them in half crosswise. Run the zucchini and squash through the skinniest blade on the spiralizer to produce noodles. Place them into a large bowl.
- To the zucchini and squash noodles, add the chickpeas, toasted almonds, cilantro, mint, and basil.
- Toss with the dressing. Serve.