BBQ cauliflower wings are an amazing creation on their own, so why not make this savory snack even better by adding a bit of Thai flare? This recipe is almost like a red curry but in crispy appetizer form. Cauliflower is tossed with curry powder, Sriracha, garlic, and coconut milk to contrast the heat and then baked (or air-fried) until tender and toasted. Serve these with a cooling and creamy dip and plenty of carrots and celery sticks!
Thai Barbecue Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Thai Barbecue Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot starch, to make it grain-free
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Zest from 1 lime
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 small or 1 large head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Hot rice, for serving
- Raw vegetables, for serving (optional)
How to Prepare Thai Barbecue Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine the milk, garlic, cornstarch, curry, Sriracha, sugar, zest, and salt to taste in a small blender. Blend until smooth. Cut the cauliflower into florets and transfer to a large bowl. Add the marinade and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add half the cauliflower to the basket of an air-fryer. Bake at 360°F for 15 minutes, basting every 5 minutes. Increase the heat to 390°F and continue to bake until crisp, about 5-8 more minutes, adding half the pumpkin seeds in the last 2 minutes. Alternatively, you can bake the cauliflower in the oven at 375°F until tender. Repeat with the other half of cauliflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve the cauliflower with hot rice or raw vegetables such as carrot and celery sticks.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1357 | Total Carbs: 119 g | Total Fat: 79 g | Total Protein: 59 g | Total Sodium: 995 g | Total Sugar: 48 g Per Serving: Calories: 339 | Carbs: 30 g | Fat: 20 g | Protein: 15 g | Sodium: 249 mg | Sugar: 12 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.