Missing meat? These burritos are sure to satisfy your craving! Tempeh is crumbled and then cooked in a savory, spiced tomato sauce and then wrapped up with beans, fragrant Basmati rice, and melty vegan cheese. These burritos are perfect for a weekday lunch or dinner.
Tempting Tempeh, Beans, and Rice Burritos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 big size tortillas (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 8-ounce package of tempeh
- 1/2 a bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tin of tomato purée
- 1 cup of Basmati rice
- 7 ounces of green beans
- 1 cup of guacamole
- 1 small tin of kidney beans
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- Heat a pan on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Put the red onion in the pan. Stir before adding the bell pepper.
- Stir until soft and translucent, then add garlic.
- Pull the tempeh apart and add to the pan. Now it is time for the tomato purée. Stir it in, then add the chili powder and cumin and vegetable stock.
- Let the tempeh simmer for 20 minutes.
- Assemble the burrito and take a tortilla. First add the rice then the tempeh meat, green beans, and kidney beans.
- Then add some guacamole and generous amount of vegan cheese. Wrap the burrito and half the burrito and serve.
When you start preparing the tempeh meat cook the Basmati rice and cook the green beans.