This curried chickpea salad is so delicious! It’s made with chickpeas, onions, radishes, celery, almonds, lemon juice, and a delicious blend of seasoning. This tangy salad travels well, so wrap it up in a jar or bring bread and munch on it anywhere you go. It makes a great work lunch or quick dinner on busy nights. You have to try making this curried chickpea salad!
Tangy Curried Chickpea Salad [Vegan]
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup radishes, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas and pour them into a medium sized mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash the chickpeas until about half are completely smooshed, the other half can be mashed or chunky to your liking.
- I prefer to leave about half of the chickpeas unmashed- it adds more texture and holds together better on a sandwich.
- A quick note on the ‘chunks’ in the salad: its nice when all of your veggies are diced to about the same size. It makes the texture more pleasant!
- Add vegenaise, lemon juice, onions, almonds, celery, radishes, and all spices. Stir until combined. Serve immediately or save in the refrigerator for up to a week.