Ooey, gooey, chunky, chewy Tahini-Oatmeal & Chocolate Chunk Cookies just rolls off the tongue. These are the best gluten-free, vegan oatmeal and chocolate chunk cookies ever!
Tahini-Oatmeal & Chocolate Chunk Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 4 tablespoon Tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3/4 cups Chocolate chips or chunks + more for garnish
- flax egg (2 tablespoons ground flax + 4 tablespoons water + 1/2 teaspoon Agar powder)
- 1/2 cups Coconut oil or vegan butter/margarine
- cups Brown sugar
- 1/2 cups Tahini (sesame paste)
- cups Maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet (or if you have 2) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix in all your dry ingredients and mix till well combined.
- In a small-sized bowl prepare your flax eggs mix and set aside for 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, cream your coconut oil or vegan butter/margarine, and sugar. Add your wet ingredients and flax egg and mix till well combined. Then add your dry ingredients and mix until all the batter is wet and sticky but not runny. It should be wet to the touch. If batter is too dry, add a tbsp or 2 of your milk of choice or until you have a tacky cookie dough. Let your cookie dough rest for about an hour in the fridge.
- Spoon out the batter onto your baking sheet(s) I made my cookies wide and thick and used about a 1/4 cup of the batter for each cookie but make sure that you space them out so that they dont melt into each other. The recipe makes for approximately 15 cookies, so youll have to do them in batches; I put 6 cookies per cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly with your palm and place some extra chips in the center for extra chocolatey goodness (optional). Bake for 16-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- Once you take them out of the oven make sure you wait a good 15 minutes before eating so that the ingredients have the time to work their magic and make it a more chewy experience. They tend to be a little crumbly straight out of the oven.
- Sprinkle a few granules of coarse sea salt on top to garnish. Enjoy!