These toothsome nuggets of tempeh in a gluten-free tahini crust are super easy to make! They're perfect for tossing into your favorite salads or grain-based power bowls. When left plain, these have a slightly garlicky taste, coating, however, with coating they will take on whatever flavor you toss it in.
Tahini-Glazed Tempeh Nuggets [Vegan]
- 2 blocks tempeh, cubed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine marinade in a large bowl, adding water last to reach desired consistency. It should be thick and fluid, but not too batter-like.
- Add tempeh to the bowl and toss with marinade. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- While you wait, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread tempeh in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the outside edges are crisped.
- Remove tempeh from the oven.
- Serve warm.