This healthier take on tacos involves filling a roasted butternut squash with homemade refried black beans, fresh veggies, and a magical green avocado dressing. It is just as satisfying and delicious as tortilla-bound tacos, because eating healthy should never mean sacrificing flavor! The butternut squash adds depth to the tacos because its sweet taste balances out the savory refried beans.
Taco-Stuffed Butternut Squash With Refried Black Beans [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Butternut Squash:
- 1 butternut squash
- Slightly melted coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Refried Beans:
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons taco spice mix
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
For the Taco Filling and Toppings:
- Avocado dressing
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Peppers, chopped
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Turn on the oven at 390°F and put baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Divide the butternuts out and scrape the seeds with a spoon.
- Cut a diagonal pattern in the butternutsquash with a sharp tip knife.
- Brush the butternut squash with coconut oil, season with salt and pepper, and place them on the baking sheet.
- Place the plate in the oven and behind the butternut for 35-40 minutes or until it is tender.
- Heat a pan up to medium heat.
- Melt a little coconut oil and step in it for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, taco seasoning, and tomato paste. Stir for another minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and black beans. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mash the beans a little with the back of a stew and simmer until the butternut squash is finished.
- Fill the butternut squash with refried black beans, top with dressing, fresh vegetables, and cilantro.