The combination of crispy and creamy texture, as well as the sweet, cheesy, and smoky flavor profile with a bit of spiciness makes these quesadillas a total crowd pleaser. They're especially great because they can be whipped up in just 10 minutes! Serve with fresh veggies, salsa, baked beans, or vegan sour cream.
Sweet Potato Quesadillas [Vegan]
- 2 cups baked or steamed sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 6-8 large whole grain tortillas
- Combine the sweet potatoes, nutritional yeast, Sriracha, smoked paprika, and salt in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. You can also do this in a food processor if you prefer.
- Spread the filling evenly on 3 or 4 large tortillas, depending on how much filling you want in your quesadillas. Top with the remaining tortillas and push together gently.
- Quickly toast on both sides in a nonstick pan, or broil in the oven, until crispy.
- Take off the heat and serve immediately.