Sweet potato black bean tacos are a super delicious plant-based taco choice! They are easy to make and full of protein. What's not to love? Tacos are often focused on rich meats, but we wanted a delicious version that was all about vegetables. Our favorite combination turned out to be sweet potatoes and poblano chiles, which we seasoned with fragrant garlic, cumin, coriander, and oregano. Roasting produced caramelized exteriors and tender interiors. Try these sweet potato black bean tacos for your next lunch or dinner!
Sweet Potato, Poblano, and Black Bean Tacos [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- Salt and pepper
- 1-pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 poblano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12( 6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 450°F. Whisk oil, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in large bowl. Add potatoes, poblanos, and onion to oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread vegetable mixture in even layer over 2 foil-lined rimmed baking sheets. Roast vegetables until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring vegetables and switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking.
- Return vegetables to now-empty bowl, add black beans and cilantro, and gently toss to combine. Divide vegetables evenly among warm tortillas and top with optional avocado crema and pickled onions. Serve.
- Check out Nutritious Delicious on Amazon!