On a sweet pecan crust sits a smooth sweet potato filling that tastes just like caramel. Sweet molasses brings a rich depth-of-flavor to these little tartlets. Topped with cool coconut whipped cream and freshly grated lemon zest, these are the perfect treat to enjoy on a cold day while wrapped in a fluffy blanket with a hot cup of tea.
Sweet Potato Pie Tartlets [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can sweet potato puree, or, just under 2 cups of freshly baked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or arrowroot starch)
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Coconut whipped cream
- Lemon Zest
- Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend crust ingredients in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
- Divide the crust into 5-6 tartlet pans. Bake for 10 minutes on a baking sheet in the oven.
- While the crust is baking, in a sauce pot, add all the filling ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Take the tartlets out of the oven and fill crust with the thickened filling ingredients, if the tartlet crust is too puffy, smash it down in the center and then fill.
- Bake for 20 minutes, cool, then refrigerate for at least an hour before serving
- Add toppings and serve.