There are about a million reasons to love whipped cream. It’s divine on pies, puddings, cakes and your favorite desserts and hot drinks. Imagine, soon you’ll be sitting by the fire sipping a decadent hot cocoa with a big fluffy dollop of spiced whipped coconut cream on top. Or, the next time you make pumpkin pie or a chocolate torte, break out the ice cream scoop and place a perfect scoop of whipped cream on each slice. It will be stunning and oh so delicious.
Spiced Whipped Coconut Cream [Vegan]
1-1 1/2 cups
Ingredients You Need for Spiced Whipped Coconut Cream [Vegan]
- 1 - 14oz./396g can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. cane sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 1/16 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/32 tsp. (a tiny pinch) cloves, ground
How to Prepare Spiced Whipped Coconut Cream [Vegan]
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator the night before or for at least 6 hours.
- 1 hour before making the whipped coconut cream, place a large mixing bowl into the freezer to chill.
- Open the can of chilled coconut milk upside down and pour off the thin coconut water (save for smoothies!).
- Add the remaining thick coconut cream to the chilled mixing bowl, along with the sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly increase the speed to high. Whip the coconut cream until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Store the whipped coconut cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For a more traditional whipped cream omit the spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & cloves). (*Note – the whipped coconut cream becomes firm when chilled but softens at room temperature. You can make it up to a week ahead.)
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.