There are about a million reasons to love whipped cream. It’s divine on pies, puddings, cakes and your favorite desserts and hot drinks. Imagine, soon you’ll be sitting by the fire sipping a decadent hot cocoa with a big fluffy dollop of spiced whipped coconut cream on top. Or, the next time you make pumpkin pie or a chocolate torte, break out the ice cream scoop and place a perfect scoop of whipped cream on each slice. It will be stunning and oh so delicious.
Spiced Whipped Coconut Cream [Vegan]
1-1 1/2 cups
- 1 - 14oz./396g can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. cane sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 1/16 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/32 tsp. (a tiny pinch) cloves, ground
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator the night before or for at least 6 hours.
- 1 hour before making the whipped coconut cream, place a large mixing bowl into the freezer to chill.
- Open the can of chilled coconut milk upside down and pour off the thin coconut water (save for smoothies!).
- Add the remaining thick coconut cream to the chilled mixing bowl, along with the sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly increase the speed to high. Whip the coconut cream until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Store the whipped coconut cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For a more traditional whipped cream omit the spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & cloves). (*Note – the whipped coconut cream becomes firm when chilled but softens at room temperature. You can make it up to a week ahead.)