Is there anything better than hummus? Answer: yes, but the only thing better than hummus is roasted chickpeas. Combine the two and BOOM: you’re in foodie heaven.
Sweet Potato Hummus With Roasted Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup kale, stems removed
- Roasted chickpeas, for topping
- Remove skin from sweet potato and then chop into bite-sized pieces; place into pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes become soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over stovetop and cook kale; once cooked, remove from stove and set aside.
- Once potatoes are cooked, place in a food processor and pulse; add chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, cajun, cayenne, garlic powder and pulse until combined.
- Last, add tahini and lemon juice and pulse.
- Remove from food processor and stir in kale.
- Top with roasted chickpeas and drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Serve with your favorite pita chips or bread and enjoy!