This vegan grilled cheese is unlike any grilled cheese you've had. With the addition of the sweet potato, this sandwich has an extra layer of creaminess and flavor!
Sweet Potato Grilled Cheese [Vegan]
- 2 Sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 quarts baby spinach, packed
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 2 slices of multi grain bread
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Slice the 2 sweet potatoes, then toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a sheet pan in the oven for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Fill a medium size pot with water and bring to a boil. Blanch the spinach for 30 seconds in the water. Remove and cool in ice water until cold.
- To assemble the sandwich, start with a layer of the vegan cheese, then the roasted sweet potatoes, a layer of cheese, the spinach, and finally another layer of cheese all in between the multigrain bread.
- Add the coconut oil in a sauté pan, and brown on both sides until golden brown and warm on the inside.