A warm, home-made pasta dish — perfect for fall! This amazing recipe is dressed-to-impress in a browned, vegan butter sauce.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Brown Butter Sage Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted plus more for dusting
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- [contact-form][contact-field label="Name" type="name" required="true" /][contact-field label="Email" type="email" required="true" /][contact-field label="Website" type="url" /][contact-field label="Message" type="textarea" /][/contact-form] Add vegan cheese, pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle half of the flour on the mixture, gently turn with spatula a few times to incorporate.
- Dump mixture on clean, lightly floured countertop or you can still do this in the bowl. Sprinkle remaining flour on top of the mixture.
- Gently knead with your fingertips, just bringing together the mixture until flour is incorporated through. This only should take a minute or two. Any longer and you will be over-kneading.
- Dust a clean, dry surface with a generous sprinkling of flour. Divide dough into 4 parts. Take one part and roll into a long, 1-inch diameter log. Cut gnocchi into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan or saute pan with just 1 tablespoon of the vegan butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add a few gnocchi – enough to cover surface but not touch each other.
- Fry on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, turn and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Remove gnocchi, place on large baking sheet to put into oven to keep warm.
- When all gnocchi is finished, discard butter/oil in pan and clean pan with paper towel.
- Heat pan on medium heat and when hot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons vegan butter and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- When hot, add the fresh sage. Let the sage brown and sizzle (but not burn) for a couple of minutes until very fragrant. Remove the sage or keep it in for added flavor.
- To the pan, add the balsamic vinegar and whisk. Let simmer on low for 1 minute and pour over the gnocchi.
- Top with vegan Parmesan and crispy sage as garnish.