Adding sweet potato to your falafel makes them a whole lot more interesting! The base of these falafels are mashed sweet potato and chickpea powder, making them uber healthy and full of protein. It only takes 5 other ingredients to make this dish.
Sweet Potato Falafels [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mix of herbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Wash and roast the sweet potatoes for about 1 hour at 360°F or until soft. They can also be made in the microwave. Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork all over and put in the microwave for 4 minutes on each side, one at a time. Once done, peel and mash together with the rest of the ingredients, except the sesame seeds.
- Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Make balls with the desired shape and press them. Roll the falafels in sesame seeds and put on vegetable paper in the oven tray for 15 minutes at 390ºF.