This sweet potato carrot soup is easy, creamy, and delicious. It was one of those recipes made out of necessity. I had sweet potatoes. I had carrots. I had a big pot to make soup and a loaf of sourdough begging to be sliced, toasted, buttered, and dipped. Sweet potato carrot soup was born. It's a beautiful color and so comforting. Make a big batch to heat up for a quick lunch and dinner! You've got to try this sweet potato carrot soup!
Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Leek Soup [Vegan]
2 - 3
Ingredients You Need for Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Leek Soup [Vegan]
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 leek, washed and roughly chopped (green ends removed)
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp mixed dry herbs
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
How to Prepare Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Leek Soup [Vegan]
- Boil some water in the kettle (enough to fill a saucepan). Wash, peel, and prep your vegetables.
- Place all the vegetables and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with just enough water. Throw in the vegetable stock cube. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the herbs and turmeric. Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes. Puree to a smooth soup in a(n immersion) blender.
- Serve hot with a few slices of crusty, rustic bread, and a swirl of cashew or soy cream if you have any on hand.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 288 | Total Carbs: 65 g | Total Fat: 1 g | Total Protein: 6 g | Total Sodium: 1239 g | Total Sugar: 21 g (Per Serving) Calories: 96 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 0 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 413 g | Sugar: 7 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.