This sweet potato carrot soup is easy, creamy, and delicious. It was one of those recipes made out of necessity. I had sweet potatoes. I had carrots. I had a big pot to make soup and a loaf of sourdough begging to be sliced, toasted, buttered and dipped. Sweet potato carrot soup was born. It's a beautiful color and so comforting. Make a big batch to heat up for a quick lunch and dinner! You've got to try this sweet potato carrot soup!
Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Leek Soup [Vegan]
2 - 3
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 leek, washed and roughly chopped (green ends removed)
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp mixed dry herbs
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- Boil some water in the kettle (enough to fill a saucepan). Wash, peel and prep your vegetables.
- Place all the vegetables and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with just enough water. Throw in the vegetable stock cube. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the herbs and turmeric. Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes. Puree to a smooth soup in a(n immersion) blender.
- Serve hot with a few slices of crusty, rustic bread, and a swirl of cashew or soya cream if you have any on hand.