This is a simple, nourishing meal that tastes amazing! These sweet potato and quinoa patties can be enjoyed as a burger or as a salad with plenty of fresh greens. For the sauce, creamy tahini and butter beans make the perfect dressing.
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties With a Butter Bean Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
For the Burgers:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped steamed sweet potato
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1 15-oz can of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
To Make the Burgers:
- To cook quinoa, use one cup of uncooked quinoa with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil and let simmer until cooked.
- When your quinoa and sweet potato are cooked, let them cool, add all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and mash together until combined.
- Heat a frying pan with a little coconut oil over medium heat. Scoop out about a tablespoon full of mixture and squash together with your hands so it won't fall apart. Press onto the frying pan and let cook for a few minutes, then gently flip. (You may want to use your hands with the spatula.)
- Continue until all the mixture is gone.
To Make the Sauce:
- For the sauce, place all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Store in a jar in the fridge after use.
- Serve as burgers or as a salad.
- If you'd like to eat this as a salad, steam greens such as bok choy, and broccolini and place them in a bowl. Add quinoa patties and top with tamari soy sauce, chili, alfalfa sprouts, sesame seeds, and the sauce.
- Grains - Other
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Clara Harris omg AND this