While at first glance this dip looks like guacamole, don't be fooled! It's actually a deliciously, creamy sweet pea hummus! Made with sweet peas, tahini, lime, chickpeas, and plenty of garlic, it's brimming with flavor and nutrition. Whether you dip in some veggies, put it on a brown rice cake, or use it as a spread for a veggie-loaded sandwich, this hummus is a great staple.
Sweet Pea Hummus [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sweet Pea Hummus [Vegan]
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sweet peas, frozen
- 1 28-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice from 1/2 of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Sprouts, microgreens, or pesto, to garnish (optional)
How to Prepare Sweet Pea Hummus [Vegan]
- In a food processor or blender, process garlic and sweet peas until they form a paste-like consistency.
- Add in the chickpeas, lime juice, olive oil, and tahini.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the edges as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.