While at first glance this dip looks like guacamole, don't be fooled! It's actually a deliciously, creamy sweet pea hummus! Made with sweet peas, tahini, lime, chickpeas, and plenty of garlic, it's brimming with flavor and nutrition. Whether you dip in some veggies, put it on a brown rice cake, or use it as a spread for a veggie-loaded sandwich, this hummus is a great staple.
Sweet Pea Hummus [Vegan]
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sweet peas, frozen
- 1 28-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice from 1/2 of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Sprouts, microgreens, or pesto, to garnish (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, process garlic and sweet peas until they form a paste-like consistency.
- Add in the chickpeas, lime juice, olive oil, and tahini.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the edges as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.